At 09:45 this morning, cow 214, along with steers 228 and 271, were grazing near ///basket.lump.unfilled on Sandy Hill. A short time later, youngsters 217, 220, and 230 emerged from the gorse bushes to the east and came over to join us. They were all very friendly, enjoying plenty of strokes and rubs. After a while, the group set off west, happily munching on grass and browsing brambles along the perimeter fence. They would regularly come over for more attention, enjoying back scratches as they grazed. When they reached ///cake.suits.risks, their collars sounded and they turned back, moving into the thicket to the north and emerging onto Longbottom to continue grazing the grass along both sides of the path. It was interesting to note that even though youngster 217 isn't wearing a collar, he still turned back when he heard the other collars sounding. The group continued east along Longbottom, grazing as they went, until I said my goodbyes at 10:40, leaving them grazing near ///bound.pill.reset. Would it be possible to extend the NoFence boundary at the far western end of Sandy Hill, please?
Steer 220 had wandered off west along Longbottom by himself, and by 10:45 he had met up with steers 33 and 270 on the patch of grass near ///tester.directly.clicker, southwest of James Bond Pond. The boys had been grazing on the slope of Sandy Hill near their favourite Sandy Hill corner when I first arrived on site and had made their way west along the hill. Steer 33 was happy to stand and chew his cud while youngsters 220 and 270 wandered off to the northwest to graze. All three were happy, relaxed, and looking well.
At 11:00, steer 35 and cow 234 came wandering along the side of the path near ///suits.tried.grades, having both been in the pasture north of James Bond Pond. Cow 234 was especially friendly, thoroughly enjoying having her back scratched and shifting back and forth to make sure I reached all her itchy spots. After a while, steers 33, 220, and 270 came and joined the group. I said my goodbyes with all five happily munching on gorse from the surrounding bushes.
At 11:30, steers 197 and 219 were finishing off their grazing in the gorse bushes near ///remains.resold.chess, at the Beacon Hill Road end of the site. Soon after, they wandered over to join the other six Sussex cattle, who were all resting in the heather near ///stitching.jots.desk. The group were very friendly, happily accepting plenty of attention as I made my way around checking on them. All eight were happy, relaxed, and looking well.
At 12:05, as I was making my way back east, I met up with steers 33, 220, and 270 as they stopped for drinks from a puddle near ///tries.seating.tweed. Youngster 270 took the opportunity to enjoy a back scratch before I moved on and found steer 35 and cow 214 grazing near ///avoid.critic.launcher.
Finally, at 12:40, steer 227 was resting outside the cow shed, with steers 20, 30, and 222, along with cows 72 and 940, all resting inside. Older steer 21 was grazing in the bushes to the south. They were all very friendly, enjoying plenty of strokes and rubs as I checked on them. Youngster 222 was quick to get to his feet to enjoy an extended back scratch. After a good while, cow 940 came over and took his place. By 13:15, steer 21 had finished his grazing and crossed the wooden bridge to lie down and relax on the far side. I said my goodbyes at 13:45, leaving the boys resting and the others heading into the shade of the woodland northwest of the cow shed, where they could relax and chew their cud. All seven were happy, relaxed, and in good condition.
The cattle were all good today.
No comments:
Post a Comment