Emergency Procedure

If you need to report an emergency to us such as injured or escaped livestock or damaged infrastructure please follow this procedure:

  1. Call the office on 01256 381190.
  2. If no one answers, wait for the answering message which will detail the name and mobile number of the member of staff who is currently on call.
  3. Phone the on-call member of staff who will then respond accordingly.

NOTES:

  • Please do not phone a member of staff directly unless you know they are on-call.

  • If you are unsure if a particular situation qualifies as an emergency then please phone the on-call member of staff anyway so that they can make the decision on how to proceed.

  • Most importantly of all – please do not report injuries or sick animals via the blog alone – always call the emergency on-call contact.


    Thank you!

    Saturday 5 December 2009

    I forgot to enter my blog for friday I found the cattle on my way home they 9am they were coming diagonally across the hillside from the track by the sandy hill road they eventually met me on the track at long bottom at grids qr 18 19 and made their way to the blue barrel I did not try to get to close to them until I am happy they accept my little dog I was about 6 mtrs away from them they all seemed healthy from that distance. Sat I again met them still at the blue barrel 8am they all started to move west across the slope on the north side of the track at long bottom I followed at a distance eventually they stopped to graze grids p 17 18 I was quite close to one of them around 2 mtrs it did not seem worried that I was there with my dog I watched them grazing for a while then went home ,I should say this my first sightings since they were put on site . norman.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Wednesday 18th September - All 24 seen

    All twenty-four cattle were found near the Lookout at 16:40 this afternoon. The seven Sussex cattle, along with cow 940, were happily grazin...